Sunday, January 22, 2012

What Are We Up to!

So I know that I haven't blogged a lot this month. Not sure why. I guess I have bloggers block or I may just be spending too much of my free time on Pinterest. Either way, here is what we have been up to.

*Noah is starting to walk by himself more. It just really happened yesterday and today. He loooooves to do it. He smiles while he does it too. Hopefully soon he will be walking all the time. It is just easier that way.

* Noah and Ava have been playing nicely together lately. I catch them all quiet in the corner playing. Noah loves to hug Ava too.

* Ava has learned to play with her toys in high places. Her favorite spot is behind the couch on the landing because she knows that Noah can't get to it. See!!!
* Little does Ava know that I think Noah will be a climber and before she knows it, he will be climbing up there.

* Noah is down to one bottle a day and that is his night bottle. I think it will be a hard one to break because if I go anywhere near the kitchen sink after 6pm (which is where I always prepare his bottles), he comes and stands and whines until he gets it. I have been decreasing the amount he gets until we are down to 2 oz and then we will replace it with a snack.

* Noah has tried and doesn't like milk. Oh well, I guess he doesn't need it, but I will keep trying.

*Ava's eating habits are getting worse. She really doesn't like to eat dinner with us, but is begging for food at 6pm. I have really limited her snacks and feel bad sometimes because I know she is hungry, but if I give her anything within a 1-2 hour window of dinner, she doesn't eat.

*I am trying to be better about meals. I have always planned out our dinners, but that has been to the extent. I made a menu board today to help with it because I am sometimes making 3 different meals at a time. It is time consuming and difficult. So I now plan out every one's meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner to make it easier. This way I don't have to rummage through the cupboards trying to figure out what to make. Let's hope that I can spend one day a week menu planning and stick with it.  Not a great picture, but hopefully you get the idea.

* I am currently obsessed with organizing our house. I love Pinterest for ideas and Iheartorganizing.blogspot.com. Both have great and easy ideas for making things easy and organized. I want bins and storage everywhere!!!! I just put all my owners manuals in pocket protectors and put them in a binder organized by room. 

* Ava does and says the funniest things. The other night she was on an old cell phone and was talking. I was trying to tell her something and she said, "Hold on, stop talking" and then continued to talk on the phone. She kept saying that "it's been a rough day" and "I know, I know". I do say more often than not to Mike that "it's been a rough day", but not sure where she got the I know, I know's from. It was so funny.

* Noah is getting his one year molars. I saw one peaking through today. It explains the crap naps he has been taking. I also think he might be getting ready for one nap. He has been going to bed at 7pm and sleeping until 5:40 am, so it is hard to put him down at 9. I have been keeping him up until 9:30 and am going to continue to push it out over time. I know that I am going to have a stretch of time where they will not overlap in naps, but it is what it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment