Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 New Year's Resolutions

I like to make New Year's Resolutions every year. I know that I rarely look back at them throughout the year, but I do keep them in the back of my mind. I feel that I can start the year with a fresh new look on life.

I think this year, I am actually going to get these printed up and posted somewhere in the house!! These are good goals to work towards. Maybe I need to make one of those inspiration boards with the help of the kids!!

So here it goes:

1. To be able to do 25 "real" push ups and 5 pull ups. I added the pull ups this year to give myself a challenge and a challenge it will be. I tried doing one the other day and it was a complete FAIL. I was told to try and do a negative pull up. That is to start in top position and lower down, but I couldn't even get into top position. I am going to have to have Mike help me, but I am determined!!
2. To be more patient.
3. To save more money and actually stick to a budget. We printed out our budget and we are going to log our spending weekly to see what we have left for the month. I want to be better about spending. I tend to buy a lot of stuff that I don't need.
4. To spend more quality time with the kids and less time cleaning.
5. To take the kids to new places more often.
6. To eat healthier. I think we do a pretty good job, but I think there are always ways to eat better and get the kids to eat better. I have been lazy with giving Ava fruits and veggies with every meal. I am getting better because I get them for Noah, so I am adding them to EVERY one's meals.

I think that is it for this year. I hope that 2012 is as good, if not better than 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment