The mornings around here can be rough at times. The kids wake up really early. Today was no exception. Ava was up at 5am and Noah woke up sometime around 5:20 am.
Mike and I usually get up around 5:20 anyway to shower and get ready for the day, but we stayed up late last night. Well, late for me, 10pm last night and Mike was up until about midnight the night before. So we were tired to say the least.
I have resigned to the fact that I have to just get my coffee and sit down with the kids while Mike gets his coffee and makes his breakfast and lunch in the kitchen in the mornings. If I try to clean up and make my breakfast the kids will be ALL over him. Again, this morning was no different except for the fact that I let Mike sleep in until 6, so we had a late start.
I can only go until about 6:45 am before I NEED. BREAKFAST! So, I couldn't help out much with the kids this morning and they were therefore all over Mike. Ava was talking and talking and Noah was fussing and fussing UNTIL...
I sat down to eat my breakfast and we gave Ava some strawberries to munch on and Noah some strawberries and blueberries. And then, all was quiet for a while. (Usually Ava won't eat until at least 8am and because Noah still gets a 6am bottle, he doesn't get a full breakfast until 7:30am)...BUT today, food was needed for some peace and quiet.
Friday, January 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment