The past.
Mike took off of work for the week after Christmas. He had 10 days off. Woo! Hoo! We did a lot of things around the house and did some good relaxing in our back yard too!
We went to Zoo Lights on 12/27. We got there right at 6pm and the lines weren't too bad. For those that don't live here, it is basically where the Phoenix Zoo puts up lights throughout the zoo and you can walk around and see them. Ava LOVED, LOVED christmas lights so we decided to go out and see them. It was a lot of fun, but a bit chilly and crowded. I am glad we went when we did because when we left, an hour later, people were parking a quarter mile down from the zoo and walking up. It was a little stressful pushing a side by side jogging stroller through there, but Ava had a blast and that is what is most important. These were the best 2 pictures I could get with my camera.
We also drove around the neighborhood a couple of times to see Christmas lights. Ava loved that too. That is why we thought she would enjoy zoo lights. There is a neighborhood just to the north of us that has almost every house decorated to the nines!! It is really cool.
We baked cookies too. I brought a couple of batches to Mike's work. That is the only way I can bake. This way, I got to have 1 or 2 and the rest were gone.
By the end of Mike's 10 days home, I was ready for him to go back to work. (Sorry, dear, but I just like to run the household a certain way). I think he was ready to go back too. But I know for a fact, the kids loved every moment of it. Mike played and played and played with them. He is such a great daddy.
THE PRESENT.
Two major things are happening right now. Noah is taking a couple of steps here and there and we are FINALLY weaning Ava from the paci.
Right before Christmas, Noah started walking with the help of a stroller or shopping cart. He would pus his cart one way until he hit a wall or couch and then walk around it and push it the other way. Or just get frustrated and cry. LOL!
Pushing the cart...
Turning around it...
Walking it back the other way...
We are in the process of getting rid of Ava's paci's. She only has them at nap time and bed time, but she is going to be 3 and they have to go. We started on Jan 1. We are only taking them away at nap time. She has to learn how to fall asleep without them. I am taking the slow approach. Once we can get nap time down, then comes the night one. As expected the first couple of days have been rough, but not as bad as I thought. We are bribing her with stickers (her current favorite) and whimzy toys and jellybeans. She gets them if she doesn't cry. Unfortunately, she has been crying and is only getting 5 jellybeans for at least napping without one. I have noticed that her naps are shorter and twice now she has woken up after about 45-50 mins and cries. I go in and lay her back down and she usually goes back down. I am not looking forward to the night one, but I guess she still isn't sleeping through the night consistently anyway, might as well do it now.
I will keep you all posted on both of these.
Just a couple of things on Ava. If you ever want to know how you sound, hang out with a three year old. She is starting to tell Bobo things and do things with Bobo that I have said or done! LOL! It is too funny.
And her new favorite saying is Fart-Butt. Yup! You read that correctly and she knows she gets a laugh from me because it is so funny to hear her say that I can't help but laugh. Ohhh the things we say!
THE FUTURE.
My boy turns ONE on Monday and Ava turns three 6 weeks later:( Insert tears and sniffles. I keep telling them both to stop growing up. (Ava is telling Bobo that too!)
No comments:
Post a Comment