I am an early riser too, but not that early. My coffee is done at 5:14 am and I need a cup before I can really deal in the morning. I was at my wits end and looking for ways to get her to at least stay in bed until 6am. That gives me enough time to at least have some coffee and get showered and dressed. After researching around on the Internet, I found someone post about a Monkey clock that opens his eyes when it is time to get up. I debated it for a while. I was trying to teach Ava to read the clock, but that was slow going. I finally bit the bullet and ordered it at mybabyzoo.com
Here is the clock.
Eyes Open
Eyes Closed
So it took it while for her to get the idea. He does sit on the other side of the room, but it lights up and his eyes open at 6am. We have had 2 successful mornings in a row where I have heard her wake up, but she hasn't called for us until after the monkey opens his eyes. She says "mommy, daddy the monkey opened his eyes, come and get me up!" It is so cute. She is also in a better mood because she has a little bit of time to wake up. I hope this well continue and maybe I can move it out little by little.Oh yeah, she also gets stickers when she waits, so there is incentive.
I would do anything to have my mornings to get stuff done, like working out, getting breakfast ready, and a couple of things on the computer, but for now I will take a shower and getting dressed without interruptions.
Love this! And I may have to buy one myself. We keep telling Brayden he can't get up until the sun is out but problem is the sun is coming up earlier and earlier. He's already started getting up at 6 or 6:30a instead of 7.
ReplyDelete