Saturday, August 21, 2010

A year and a half old

What happened? Today, Ava is 1 1/2 years old. In 6 months, she will be 2 with a brother or sister around. Crazy. Time sure does fly. She keeps us busy.

This past week has been a little rough. I know that she HAS to be getting her 2nd set of molars.She has been chewing on her finger as if they are candy. She also spiked a low grade fever on Thursday. It was about 100.6 all day long with Tylenol every 4 hours. The last and worst sign, is that she has some sleepless nights. All signs point to teeth. Last night was the worst. She woke up at midnight, 2:30, 3:30 ( and was up crying on and off for an hour), then decided to wake up at 5:22am! The day before, Friday, she took a 45 minute nap too. I am only hoping that tonight is a better night sleep. It is exhausting. I did some research online only to find that many kids around 18 months old start having sleep issues. She is also getting ready for many more words to come, so developmentally she is getting ready to advance, which has been known to cause sleep issues. At least this is what I keep telling myself when I am wide awake at 3:30am praying for her to fall asleep or not wake up.

She has added some new words to her vocabulary. She says "zoo", "wow", "mmm-hmmm" (for yes), "na" (for no), "da" for dada and "ma" for mama and many more. She will try to repeat your words if they are not too hard. She learned how to blow kisses too, which is cute.

She is a good helper and listener. The other day, she got into the kitchen drawer that has all our dish towels and pulled every single one out. Then I asked her to put them all back in and she did just that. She will bring me things when I ask her to. It will be only a matter of time before I can teach her how to get on a stool and get me water!! jk!

She is learning about emotions as well. If you are sad, she will make a sad face and come up to give you a hug. If you have a boo-boo-owie, she will kiss it. If she hears a baby crying, she will make a sad face too. She is very concerned if people are not ok. I just reassure her that it's ok.

She is very curious and along with all the curiosity, comes a lot of crying too. She wants to climb and be all up in our mix lately and if we don't give her 100% off our attention or don't give her something she wants, you got it, crying and throwing things.

Tonight we were brushing our teeth and getting ready for bed and bath and Ava decided to play in the shower....



Here she is with her "where's so and so".. She puts her hands in the air and says "ohhhhh"
She is really enjoying her time with her nanny. I can tell because when she goes to leave, Ava gets upset. That usually means she is not ready for her to leave.
I am still in the process of weaning her from her paci. I was doing really good until the day she was sick. I let her have it that day, but other than that, I am only letting her have it in her crib. Again, I don't have a time frame on when I want her to be done with it, but I read that you should do it before they have all there baby teeth in, which is age 2-3, but there aren't many more teeth for her to get. I would also like her to be off it fully when the new baby is here.
Speaking of the new baby. We find out what we are having on Tuesday. It was originally supposed to be on Wednesday, but they sent me a letter saying that they had scheduled my appt when the ultrsound tech wasn't in. When I called them back, I asked for an appt on Monday or Tuesday and that is what I got. yay! I will be sure to post to let you all know. There will be so much to do at that point.
I have finally decided to finish up Ava's baby scrapbooks. I started a scrapbook before Ava was born, with the ultrasound pics, pics of me pregnant, the nursery, the showers and then wanted to finish it with some pics of her when she was born. I then started her first year scrapbook. I have 40 pages in it as of now and about 10 done. I am going to try to get it done this next week. My plan will be to have a book for every year, but we will see about that. It did take me 18 months to get that first one done and seeing that we are halfway through her second year, I am a bit behind. Then add a 2nd baby...yikes. I will have to do a page a month per child just to keep up. We all know how that goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment