Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It's a Boy!

We had our ultrasound appt today and Ava will have a little brother. I am super excited to have a boy, but would have been happy either way. I just wanted everything to go well and not have any problems. My Quad screen also came back normal. That is where they test for Downs Syndrome and Neural Tubal Defects. I relieved to hear that.

Below are some of the ultrasound pictures. There is a video too, which I will have to see if I can download. I will give you captions as some are hard to distinguish what they are looking at.

This is the side profile of baby's face



This is baby's spine. Not sure if he is looking up or down.


I know this looks like a skeleton, but this is looking down on baby's face

This is of baby's nose and lips. The arrow is pointing at the nose and the big white area below it is his lips.


Side profile of baby with head on the right.



The black spots in the middle are the 4 chambers of the heart



This is baby's foot. The little white spots are the toes.




And this proves it is a boy! There are 2 "blobs" (for lack of better words) in this picture and the one on the left with his "manhood" is sticking straight out at us.



This is a measurement of his leg. At the bottom you can it is measuring in the 96th percentile. In fact, a lot of his measurements were in the 90's, so he could be a tall one like his daddy!


I of course went out shopping right after and realized that boy's clothes just aren't as cute as girls stuff and the sections are much smaller. I only went to Target and I could barely find the little boys section. Oh well, I guess it will save us some money. It will be weird to go in the baby stores and now be looking at both sides.


1 comment:

  1. So cool to see these images. They are just amazing.

    ReplyDelete