Sunday, May 2, 2010

Our weekend




We had such a nice weekend. On Saturday, we got up early (6am) and walked to the Starbucks that is at the end of our street for some coffee and then went for our walk. Afterwards, we ran some errands and cleaned the house. I know...how is that a nice day, but being able to clean all at one time is a luxury these days. We went to my sister's house Saturday night for her delicious prime rib and to celebrate my step brothers birthday (Happy Birthday Brian!) I made a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake. It turned out pretty good. I love to bake, but I don't do it very often because I can't have sweets around the house since I have no self control. It is as if they call my name to eat whatever it is that I made!
Sunday, we got up early again and decided to go to the zoo. If you become a member and buy a 1 year membership you can go anytime and one of the benefits is that you can go in 1 hour before it opens to the general public. Right now, that means we can go at 8am and that is just what we did. It was awesome. It is as if you have the park to your self. We walked around the kids area and Ava LOVED every moment of it. Above are a few pictures that I took. I know that her and I will be going A LOT. I know the summer heat will make it hard, but they have an area where the kids can play in some water. We will hopefully spend a lot of time there. We are going to be meeting up with Erin and her daughter Ella next Thursday morning and hopefully can do it a lot more. We headed out to Ikea after her nap, but it was unsuccessful as they didn't have what we went looking for instock. We are looking for a bench with shoe storage for out in the garage. As for right now you would think it was a shoe graveyard. Since we got new carpet last summer, we don't wear our shoes in the house and since we always go in and out through the garage, why bring them in since we would have to go to our closet and bring them out there anyways?They said they should have it instock in a week or so. Let's hope so. I wouldn't mind another trip to Ikea. Every time I go there, I find so many other things that I want to buy. I like things to organize our house.
Well, looking forward to Mother's day next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment