Today Ava is 15 months old. I can't believe how fast time flies. We had our 15 month well check up this morning too. She weighs 24lbs 4.5 oz. That puts her in the high 70th percentile. She has really slowed on the weight gain. I am not sure how, because some days she eats like a cow. Tonight she had 2 pieces of pizza and probably could of had more. I guess, I will continue to feed her if she seems hungry. She is 32 1/2 inches tall which puts her in the 96th percentile. Gotta love daddy's genes! Dr. Jafri was really pleased with how well she is doing and couldn't believe how many teeth she has. (she has 12 officially and the bottom 2 canines are coming in). I can tell she is trying to talk more and more. She tries to mimic what I say. Words might not come out, but she moves her mouth to try to get it out. She is communicating more, well, if you count grunting and pointing. She will go to the kitchen by the cabinet where we keep our food and start grunting and go into melt down if I don't get her a snack right away. I guess she is like me in that way. If I don't eat when I am hungry, I start to go downhill fast.
Ava is starting to get more and more timid around other people/babies. Today, when we went to Gymboree, there were a lot of new kids/parents. She buried her head in my legs when another toddler would walk towards her. At one point all the kids were on this air log and the parents were bouncing them up and down and Ava was so scared she clung to me and then buried her head in my chest and did not more for quite some time. I had to go and get one of the stuffed animals to get her to lift it. That is my only concern with her. I know that it is probably not an issue, but I still worry. I know that I just have to keep taking her and eventually she will warm up. She needs familiarity and routines, that is just how she is and when it is not like that, she tends to get scared.
Friday, May 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment