Saturday, May 8, 2010

My First Haircut!

Yes, Mike finally agreed to let me get Ava's "mullet" cut! We went to Kids Snip-Its by our house and it was a mad house, but we put our name in, went to Target and by the time we were done, they were ready for us. Here is the BEFORE.....




She did pretty well sitting in the chair to get her haircut. We had to give her her paci to distract her and daddy stayed right by her side. If I went too close or touched her, she wanted me to pick her up, so I was the paparazzi for the event.



We didn't want to get rid of her famous shag, so they just took a little bit off, but just enough to be cute. Here is the AFTER...



She got ahold of her paci when we were cleaning up in her room when we got home and I couldn't get her to let it out without a fight...
Ava's newest thing is CLIMBING.... the dreaded climbing.. This is where I can officially say that I can't get anything done. The other morning I was getting my crock pot dinner ready and I looked over into the family room and found Ava standing on the couch, smiling at me and bouncing up and down. Here is a video of it. (I called Mike and towards the end she was trying to jump off, so the taping is a little rough.)

She is also climbing up on her little pink chair that I got her awhile ago. That one is worse because it is made of plastic and she will stand on it as well and try to get to things and it tips really easy. I have to keep my eye on her every second.

She is using her sign language a bit more now, but still likes to grunt and point. She mostly uses "all done" and "more". I am trying to get her to say words, but she looks at me like I am crazy. I will take her using sign language, because at least she is communicating.

No comments:

Post a Comment