Yes, we are adding another baby to our family! Ava will be a big sister to either a baby brother or sister. You all are the first to find out, besides family. We found out a little over a week ago and thought we would wait until the first ultrasound to tell people, but that is so hard to do. This was planned. We decided that we wanted our kids close together for a couple of reasons. We don't want to get a taste of "freedom" and then have to go through the naps/baby schedule all over again. It is just starting to get easy to go places because if Ava misses a nap, it isn't a big deal. We won't have to stop and then start again with diapers. We will be buying diapers for another 2 years. They will most likely be in diapers at the same time for a short period. (I want to start potty training early!)
How did I find out? Well, like I said, it was planned. I started "feeling" like I was pregnant. A little bit of nausea here and there. I decided that I was going to take the pregnancy test 2 days before I was considered "late", but I couldn't wait, so on the night of May 11th, I took the test. Mike was in his office working and I brought it into his office and laid it down on his desk. He was a bit in shock because the 2nd line wasn't really dark. I told him that there were 2 lines and there is no question about it. He made me take another one the next morning. It was for sure positive then. We set up our appointment at the doc's office and Mike still had to go and hear it for himself. He is too funny!
Right now, I am 6 weeks, 3 days along. Baby Leptuch #2 is due on January 13th, 2011. I am planning on doing another c-section. I thought it over and don't want to try to have the next one naturally and then go through what I went through with Ava, 18 hours of labor and failure to progress, and then have to have a c-section anyway. I was so exhausted when Ava was born, I don't even remember the first time I held her. I would rather just plan it and be able to enjoy it a bit more this time. Ava came 2 weeks early, so if that happens with #2, then it could be a New Year's Eve baby. We go for our first ultrasound on June 3rd. I will be 8 weeks along.
You might be wondering how I am feeling. Well, so far, so good. I was actually really good for the first week when we found out. I only had one night where I felt achy, which is exactly what happened to me right before I found out I was pregnant with Ava. Other than that, I have felt pretty good and not too tired until about a day ago. I'll take the occasional wave of nausea. This pregnancy and my pregnancy with Ava are like night and day. With Ava, I was nauseous all the time and so tired. With this one, I feel pretty good and have good energy until Mike gets home and then I am ready for a nap. I am definitely nesting. All I want to do is clean things out and reorganize!
For this pregnancy, I bought a "Belly Book". I wanted something easy and light to write in. So each week, I am going to take a profile picture to put in it and I will post online too, at least until I deem that I look ok, then you might only get a monthly picture!
This is week 5...
No bump as of yet, but I can definitely tell it is starting to get bigger. In fact, my belly grew almost an inch in the first week. I read that sometimes you "pop" earlier with the 2nd one. I also think it is because I have an appetite the size of Texas. Mike wants to feed me all the time and every time I say I am hungry, he says "feed that baby of mine". He expects another big and healthy baby.
As some of you know, I joined Weight Watchers in January because I just couldn't loose the last of my baby weight and what girl doesn't always say they want to loose 10 lbs on top of it anyway. Once I started, it was pretty easy and just kept going. I had finally gotten to my goal weight and lost 20 lbs and now I am pregnant. That was actually planned. I took away better eating habits that I hope I can take with me in this pregnancy and not eat In and Out Burger all the time like I did in my last pregnancy Hamburgers were my big craving when I was pregnant with Ava and I have been thinking about them lately. Don't worry, I will be eating, I just hope that I can make better choices. ( I know I will read this post in a couple of months and laugh at this "hope"). Sometimes the cravings overtake my thoughts. Speaking of cravings, so far, nothing yet, just sweets.
So enough about me... Here is a picture of Ava.
We went to our friends daughters birthday party on Saturday to celebrate her 2nd birthday. It was from 9-11, which is right when Ava naps, so I was curious on how she would do and she did great. We left a little early and on the way home, I gave her some puffs to try to keep her awake and I looked back after about a minute or so and her eyes we barely staying open. She was eating and fighting the sleep. It was hilarious. I laughed and then she laughed, again, with her eyes drooping down. She loves to laugh especially if we laugh. Sometimes, Mike and I will be having a conversation and laugh about something and she will laugh too.
Well, sorry about the novel. Looking forward to this week as we are celebrating our 8th anniversary on Tuesday and my 32nd birthday is on Wednesday. I only have 2 days of work and then I am off for 12 days. A vacation is much needed!
test
ReplyDelete