Friday, February 22, 2013

Ava's 4th Birthday

Wow! It doesn't get any easier. My Ava Grace is growing up so fast. I cannot believe that she is 4!!!

I can still remember they day she was born. It is amazing how much of that I still remember. I guess having pictures around helps. I don't remember much after she was born because I was all drugged up, but I do remember my water breaking and going into the hospital and being in a lot of pain for a LONG time!

She is just so amazing. She has so many different sides to her that I love. Some I prefer more than others! Ha! Ha! She is smart, silly, determined, stubborn, independent, loving, compassionate, moody, sweet, shy and perfect all rolled into one!

We had the perfect day on her birthday. We have been hyping up her birthday for a week now (or maybe since Noah's birthday!) When I went to get her up, she wanted us to sing Happy Birthday to her (and frequently throughout the day she would request us to sing it to her too).

She had a special day with mom. She had school and I volunteered in her classroom. It was neat to see how she is in school, because I do wonder and she is exactly how I expected. She doesn't participate a lot because she is shy. We had spanish that day and when it was time to sing the "itchy" song, she sat there, like always, so I went up behind her and moved her hands so she would get involved. That got her moving and more involved after I stopped. She just loved it.

After dinner, we went to Barnes and Nobles for our free cupcake. I didn't make anything because she was the only one to have one. (Noah didn't eat his dinner so he wasn't going to get one).
When we got home, we sang happy birthday and she opened presents. She was most excited about that.

This was the crown that she got in school. She got to wear it all day in class. They even sang happy birthday.



This is my favorite. Once Ava moved on to the next present, Noah finished unwrapping her present


She got a new scooter for her birthday. She wasn't quite sure how to do it, so she was going slow. It was getting cold, so we brought in inside and she practiced some more.

Safety first in our house!!

All day, Ava kept saying that it was her day and that Noah wasn't going to get any presents. She wanted to make sure that we knew that. It was a special day for a special girl. This weekend is her party. I know she is looking forward to that.



No comments:

Post a Comment