 |
| Noah on his play mat... |
We are very sleep deprived in this house. I knew it was coming. Newborns sleep a lot and as they hit 3 weeks, their sleep schedules start to become more regular. Noah has had some rough nights as of late. We are not sure if he has reflux oris just gassy and therefore uncomfortable, but it keeps him up at night. He is also not wanting to fall asleep on his own in the crib at night. I will feed him and hold him for about 5 or 10 mins and as soon as his head hits the crib, he starts to fuss, which quickly turns into crying. Now, I know that I can't expect a 3 week old to sleep on his own, but he usually does fairly well during the day. Mike is a great help and will take him so I can get some sleep. I gotta work on something so that we can get some sleep at night. Now there are nights when he will get up eat, and go back in his crib all within 45 minutes, so it is all a crap shoot. I think there might be something with him being uncomfortable and those are the nights that we don't get a lot of sleep. I know it will get better. That is what I have to keep telling myself... Other than that, he does sleep a lot during the day too. I have been good about trying to wake him up during the day. A sure fire way to wake him, put him in his crib...Ha! ha! I just have to laugh about it. Here is a picture of the little guy and his daddy and big sister...( I think Ava is saying "hold him") She likes to say that and will only hold him for about 30 seconds.

 |
Ava watching Noah on his mat. She loves to pat his head or put her head on his head..
|
Ava is still adjusting to having her big brother around. She has her moments, but for the most part loves him in her own way.. I have had a lot of help, so I think once the help is gone and it is just her and I things may change.
**********
I finally was able to get out and get my hair cut the other day. It was really nice to get out by myself. It is something I haven't done since Noah was born. I have to do it in shifts though because I am nursing. I got it cut and next week I will get it colored. We fed him a bottle for the first time on Saturday night because I was going to be out and because I had my sisters bridal shower on Sunday and didn't want to have to rush around. He did good with it. I am going to try to pump more so that he can have at least one bottle a day. That way, he is used to it and I can get out occasionally.
My youngest sister is getting married in April and we threw her a bridal shower yesterday. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera, so there are no pictures, but we had a really good time and she got some really good gifts to get her started...
I know that blogging will be difficult over the next couple of months. I will try to do it when I can so that you don't have to read a novel each time!
No comments:
Post a Comment