Sunday, January 2, 2011

11 Resolutions for 2011

Happy New Year! Bring it on 2011. This will be an exciting year for us and life as we know it today will not be the same with the arrival of Noah! I am anxiously awaiting for him to come. I know that I have a scheduled C-Section, but I have hopes that he will come early. I hope my water will break before the contractions get started and we go in and have our baby boy delivered. He can come anytime now. Well, actually this Thursday or Friday would be best. Ava is trying to get over a cold or stuffy/running nose from teeth. Not sure which it is, but she hasn't been able to sleep well because of it. We have endured 2 days of 45 minute naps because she wakes up choking on all the phlegm. I hope we can kick it in the next couple of days and then baby Noah can come.

Here are my 11 New Years Resolutions for 2011:
1. To be able to do 25 real push ups. Not the girly ones, but real push ups. It was actually my New Years Resolution from last year, but I had the pregnancy clause in there. (That was, if I got pregnant, all bets were off and as you all know, I got preggers!).
2.  To get back to my post baby weight
3.  To learn the art of patience.
4.  To be the best Director of the Leptuch Household. As you all know, I am out of work, so I will care for our family until I find work, whenever that may be.
5.  To find ways to cut our daily/monthly expenses and be able to take some of that money to donate to Phoenix's Children's Hospital. One would think that this would be necessary anyway because we will only have one income, but I will look for more ways to save. We did an excellent job of it in 2010.
6.  Get involved with other mommies. This will make me get out of my comfort zone, but I think I will go stir crazy if I don't have other people to talk to and for the kids to play with.
7.  Take Ava and Noah somewhere new each month.
8.  To make one new meal a month. More if I can find the time.
9.  Start some family traditions.
10.  Make sure to take time for myself and stop feeling so guilty all the time when I do.
11.  To be present in life and enjoy every moment, good or bad, with my two amazing kids and my most amazing husband.

********************
This morning, this is what Ava wanted to do.....She loves her stickers and she had to find somewhere to put them. I guess my leg was the best spot!!


Today is Mike's last day off vacation until Noah comes. I have enjoyed having him around to help out. I think Ava will be the most upset when he has to go back to work. She has been waking up and calling his name instead of mine and wanting to play with him a lot. She loves her daddy, there is no mistake there!

We didn't really do much while he was off in terms of going to new places, but we crossed so much off our to do list. We tended to our stuffy/running nose daughter, organized all the Christmas presents that Ava got, and finished getting organized for Noah. Our living room has turned into Ava's playroom. With no other rooms in the house, this is now what it looks like.....

This is her new kitchen set with a bin of all her plastic food, little people and cars and trains. **Note.. you can still detect the adult presence in this room with the wine fridge :)

This is her coloring table. She loves to color. Next to it is her magnet board that we bought at IKEA. She LOVES magnets and they are always on the floor by the refrigerator, so I made Mike go buy this and we are going to hang it up. It has been so nice to have the magnets somewhere other than the kitchen floor. And lastly, her tent that she got for Christmas.
You can't see this side of the room as much, but we bought a cubby shelf from IKEA to store the rest of her toys. We have a bigger one in our family room and I love it because you can buy bins and put everything in there so you don't have to look at it.
Here's hoping for a great 2011!

1 comment:

  1. Sara I love your resolutions...I think they are all things I would like to do minus the push-ups. :)
    ~Holly

    ReplyDelete