Anyway, last Saturday morning, we met up with Mike's sister's, Nancy and Susan, at Joe's Farm Grill for breakfast. Nancy was in town for some girl time before she gets married. It was a really nice morning to be able to sit outside. Joe's is a great family place to eat. It was nice to catch up.
On Saturday afternoon, we went to our friends house for a pool party. That was a lot of fun. I was curious to see how Ava would do in the pool. She was fine. We just held her and walked around in the pool holding her. She spent most of her time collecting rocks in their backyard. It is one of her favorite things to do. There were 3 of us that were pregnant at the pool party and all due within 2 months of each other (more to come on that).
On Sunday, we headed up to Prescott to stay with my mom for a couple of days. It was nice to escape the heat and have some time to relax. The altitude definitely affected me. I was more tired than ever. Ava had a blast at my mom's house. So much so that she didn't really eat while she was there. There was just too much to look at. My mom has 2 small stairs to walk down into her family room and Ava just wanted to walk up and down them. By the end of our time there, she was getting the hang of walking down without having to sit down, scoot and then get down the step. She had no problems walking up them without any help of climbing. She found this toy there that we have named Jose Ole. It is a stick that has a sombrero on the top that is attached to a string. She walked everywhere with it in her hands. She loved the dog too. She was always looking for the dog. It was nice to have someone watch Ava and let Mike and I relax. Actually, Mike has been watching Ava a lot this vacation, which has been a nice break for me. I have been catching up on couch time. Mike and I went out to dinner on Monday night. It was the first time in quite some time. We had a nice time. We came home on Tuesday night and on Wednesday, Ava's Nana Patty came into town. She is staying at my step brothers house to watch their kids while they go on vacation. Since they were all working, she got to come over to our house and get some one on one time with Ava. It didn't take long before Ava was sitting in her lap. We went over to Brian's house later that night for Pizza and wings. Ava had fun exploring the backyard. She loves to be anywhere new. She just takes it all in.
She has been way off her nap schedule and sleeping schedule with everything going on. Today, we got her back on. I thought it would be more difficult, but it wasn't. She is trying to catch up on her sleep. We will see about tonight as she has been going to bed at 7:30-8 every night and she usually goes down about 6:45pm.
We had our ultra sound today. It was pretty exciting to see our little baby growing. The doctor said that he/she is very small and they actually moved our due date out 8 days. So we are now due on January 21st 2011, which is one month exactly before Ava's birthday. It is exciting,but sad too. I have lost a week in my pregnancy. So I am 6 weeks, 6 days along today and I thought I was 8 weeks. Oh well. Because the baby was so small, we couldn't hear the heartbeat, but it was beating at 141 beats per minute. Below are some really blurry pictures of it.
This first one measures the heartbeat at the
bottom of the screen. Each bump is a heartbeat
and they measure 2 of them to get the actual
heartbeat.
The arrow in the one below is pointing to our baby. The little black dot inside the small white sac is the baby's heart
They are a bit blurry as you can see.
So far, I have been feeling ok. I have a little bit of nausea here and there, but like I said before, I am really tired. It doesn't help having a 15 month old to chase around. I have been lucky to have mike help out this week, so I have been trying to take naps. I have been wanting to eat about every 2 hours. I guess it is good, that way I don't eat a big meal and keep the nausea at bay.
No comments:
Post a Comment