Sunday, June 20, 2010

In and Out Burger

Ava enjoyed one of our favorite food joints yesterday, In and Out Burger. We haven't had it in over 6 months and hamburgers were one of my cravings with Ava. I have been trying to hold out on eating it with this pregnancy, because I knew that once I had it, I will want it and that holds true. We got it for lunch on Saturday and Ava was still sleeping, so Mike cut a piece from his and wrapped it up for her. I was a bit hesitant if she would like it or not. So when she woke up, I cut a piece for her and gave it to her. She was a bit unsure with her first bite, but scarfed it down after that. I gave her a couple of fries to top it off with. Mike was so happy! Not sure I am, as I have said that I don't want to be a fast food family. Since Mike is trying not to eat fast food, this being his first time this year, I hope we can stick to it and make it a "treat". We will see how it goes through this pregnancy though. I do crave hamburgers and McDonald's hot fudge sundae's.

Well, the sicknesses still plague this house. I am hoping that what Mike got this past week was from Ava. He finally went to Urgent Care on Saturday morning. He was the first one there. He even got there before the doctor. He had to wait 20 minutes for the doctor. He has a sinus infection. He has been down for the count since Thursday. We were able to relax yesterday and sit and watch the golf tournament, which was actually really nice to do.
I think Ava is over her sickness, but her sleep has been a wreck ever since. She has not been sleeping through the night and is having a hard time getting settled when she goes down for the night and for her afternoon nap, which I think she is getting ready to drop. When she was sick, we would go in when she cried and pick her up to soothe her and she learned quickly that we will do that, which is what I think she wants now. Since I am a baby whisperer mom, I learned that we can't do that and we just have to settle her in her crib. The other night it took an hour, some nights, it's just the paci and she might cry for about another 15-20 minutes on and off to settle. It is frustrating, because we were doing so well. I guess I just have to stay with it. Some of it might have to do with the fact that this also started when my mom starting watching her 3 days a week. I have read that change can cause night sleep disturbances and Ava is very sensitive to routine changes. She was also having a hard time going down for her afternoon nap, so for the past 2 days, I have been keeping her up a bit later in the morning so that she can get a good nap in and then not take an afternoon one. I was also hoping that would stop the crying after I put her in her bed at night and hoping that she would be so tired she would just conk out, nope! Oh well, such is the life of decoding your child needs. We will figure it out.
So it was brought to my attention that I may not have mentioned that I believe that Ava now has 12 teeth. I guess next are her 2 year old molars. I hope they aren't as bad as the "eye" teeth, for lack of a technical term were. She is growing up so fast. She can point out many parts of her body. She knows, hair, tongue, eyes (which she just blinks when you ask where her eyes are), nose (although she sort of points to her mouth), ears, belly button, chest, back, arm, feet, and hands. She can jump, and loves to dance, which is hilarious to watch. She kinda bounces up and down with one hand in the air. I will have to post the video because it is funny. She shakes her head for yes and no. She is pretty good with sign language, but sometimes i think she does what we say. She can do "all done" and "more" and "please". She still babbles a lot and not a lot of words. She is saying "hot", "hat", "bug", "blow" and we got "bubble" the other day. She mostly says the beginning of the words, but I have learned to decode. She is working on "book" and can say mama, but doesn't say it to me. She loves to put a million things in her hands and bring it from one place to another. She is also very good at letting us know when she is upset. Boy are her meltdowns heard. If she wants something and we don't give it to her that is usually when they occur and on the changing table. She hates to have her diaper changed. Overall, she is a really good baby and so curious and is keeping us on our toes. She will be 16 months old on Monday.
*********
So far things with this pregnancy are uneventful, just they way I like it. I am 9 weeks now and I feel like I am starting to show. I was looking in my pregnancy journal from when I was having Ava and I was wearing maternity pants at 10 weeks. When I first saw it, I thought it was a bit early ( I must have pigged out), but now I see why. I won't be in maternity pants as early this time around because I kept all my clothes from before I lost weight, so I am just going to start to wear those soon as I put on a pair a shorts yesterday and they were feeling a bit snug, at least when I sit. The morning sickness comes and goes. I have found that if I am busy doing things and distracted, I feel good, but on days where we are lazy at home, I feel a little bit yucky. I go back to the doctor at the end of this month. I am not real happy with the practice that I go to. The other day I spent a while on the phone with the billing department. They are trying to get me to prepay for my delivery. They say it isn't due until I am 6 months along, but I think that is bullshit. I told her that I refuse to pay for services that have not been given and she said that it is their policy. When I asked if I signed something saying I was aware of this policy, surprise, surprise, she couldn't find it and said she will get it to me on my next visit. I am not signing it. If they want to bill me after every visit after it has been submitted to my insurance, then I will pay. Who knows if I will be somewhere else and they don't even deliver my baby. She says they will reimburse me, yeah right! So if they insist, I am going to have to find another OBGYN. I never had to do this with Ava. She said there was someone else in charge then. It is bullhonkery if you ask me.
Well, I hope everyone has a nice Father's Day. We are going to watch the last day of the US Open.

1 comment:

  1. I know of a good doctor at Country Club and Baseline if you are interested. I know she delivers at Banner Gateway which is probably a bit far for you but she might have privileges at other hospitals. I would totally recommend my doctor but she's at Higley and Baseline. :)
    Funny that you crave hamburgers because I couldn't stand the thought of them for the first couple months of this pregnancy and even now I don't eat them very much. I also didn't notice that I "popped" any sooner than I did with Brayden. Glad to hear things are going well! (We're still trying to get rid of a nasty cold in our house!)

    ReplyDelete