(Ava eating puffs from the chair after her nap)Oh the fun of turning One! The most exciting thing was that we got to turn Ava's carseat around to face forward. Mike did it Wednesday night, because I have off on Thursdays and Fridays and I wanted to take her for her first car ride facing forward. She loved it! She could see everything and I loved it because I could see her. She sang to the music with me. It was great. Now we can both sit in the front seat when we go anywhere. I usually sat in the back with Ava in the event there was a meltdown. I will post a picture later!
Now that I officially consider her a toddler, I decided to read up on Toddlers. I bought and started reading the Baby whisperer, Toddler years. I brought Ava up on it as a baby and followed the EASY schedule, which worked well for our family. Now there are a whole new set of developmental issues that she will go through and I want to figure out how to handle them. This is a hard time right now because she can't speak, so I try to decode everything. Hopefully this book will give me insight to my "textbook" baby. Not sure that is her category 100% but that is the result from the baby whisperer Quiz!
We went and bought our first pair of "big girl" sneakers thanks to nana and grandpa Ron. We went to Stride rite and bought a pink pair of sneaker/sandal shoes. A lot like those Merrill shoes. She is a sweaty footed kid so with the AZ heat coming, I thought those would be best. Apparently she wears a 5.5 wide!! Right now she is in 5's,but this allows her to grow into them. Aren't they cute......
Now that I officially consider her a toddler, I decided to read up on Toddlers. I bought and started reading the Baby whisperer, Toddler years. I brought Ava up on it as a baby and followed the EASY schedule, which worked well for our family. Now there are a whole new set of developmental issues that she will go through and I want to figure out how to handle them. This is a hard time right now because she can't speak, so I try to decode everything. Hopefully this book will give me insight to my "textbook" baby. Not sure that is her category 100% but that is the result from the baby whisperer Quiz!
We went and bought our first pair of "big girl" sneakers thanks to nana and grandpa Ron. We went to Stride rite and bought a pink pair of sneaker/sandal shoes. A lot like those Merrill shoes. She is a sweaty footed kid so with the AZ heat coming, I thought those would be best. Apparently she wears a 5.5 wide!! Right now she is in 5's,but this allows her to grow into them. Aren't they cute......

We went to the Waste Management Open today. It was a lot of fun and boy did we get a lot of smiles, points and laughs at Ava. Everyone stopped us and said what a cute baby and of course commented on her infamous hair. "I love the hair" is what we heard the most. It was quite the adventure. I was just happy she didn't decide to use her voice as any of the golfers teed off. She did want to run around, which was hard. Mike got last minute greenskeeper passes so we went to the one with food and it was packed. She did pretty good, but we had to leave when Ava wanted to walk around and not let me hold her hand. When I would pick her up to redirect her, she would let out a loud noise to let me know not to do that. That is when we went up to the quieter booth to hang out.
We have officially turned to "real milk" vs. formula. I thought it was going to be hard, but I did her first bottle with 4oz formula and the rest milk. Then I went to 2 oz formula and the rest milk and now we are 100% milk. The only issue Ava is having with it is that it is so cold. She is used to drinking formula that is room temperature. She will stop often and stick her tongue out and go ahhh and then drink some more. It is pretty funny, but she must get a brain freeze! I bought a small thing of formula just in case and now am going to return it.
No comments:
Post a Comment