Our traditional Christmas Eve is spent at my step brother, Brian's house, but the kids were sick and we had to stay home.
We wrote a letter to Santa and left cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer.
It says "Dear Santa, I hope you enjoy our cookies. Please give the carrots to the reindeer. Take care of Freddy for us! Love Ava and Noah Leptuch"
After we put the kids into bed, Mike and I, I mean Santa and his helper, put out all the presents for Christmas morning. While we were doing it, Ava actually got up and needed something. Luckily she didn't see anything.
We woke up around 5am Christmas morning. Ava ended up sleeping in my bed with me that night and Mike slept in Ava's bed because Grammy and Papa Dee were here sleeping in the guest bedroom. She was still at 103, so we tried to get her to take her medicine while we waited for Noah to wake up. Because the kids had been sick, I wasn't going to wake anybody up. To entice her to take her medicine, I gave her her stocking to open. She was pretty excited, but it didn't help with getting her to take her medicine.
Noah finally woke up around 6 ish and we headed into the Living Room. There were toys galore. I didn't get a picture of all the presents, but here is a picture of some of the presents.
Toys galore. The nice part about this Christmas is that we opened a gift and they wanted it opened so they could see it. It made it nice because they didn't just rip through all the presents. They got to open one and enjoy it, even if it was only for a minute or two. Halfway through, we did stop so that we could get a bite to eat and Ava could spend 40 minutes trying to get 1 tsp of medicine down. Ha!ha!
Yup! Pretty much sums up how we all felt about Ava taking medicine!
One of my favorite things was Ava's gift to her cousin Sophie. She got Best Cousin necklaces and gave her one half and kept the other. We were sad that we couldn't be there to give it to her, but she was so excited to get it.
Here are some pictures from Christmas Day.
Noah eating some of Grammy's cinnamon rolls.
Baby Sam! He was so cute. In great spirits for the day.
This was the next day, but the best gift ever! The kids got a convertible car. I always wanted one as a kid. Asked every year and every year, I never got one. My mom says Santa was poor then!!! They do really like it and have lots of fun in it.
Watch out world, she is a distracted driver!!
The next best gift was the Santa's express train. They love it and watch it for hours.
The best part about Christmas is that the kids have lots of new toys to play with that they don't even ask to watch TV.
Can't wait until next year!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment