Monday, December 30, 2013

Case of the Sickies

Well, we have been sick. And by sick, I mean really sick.

It started with Ava. It always starts with Ava. She gets it from school. It started 2 Sunday's before Christmas. I think it is allergies that starts it all. She was home from school for 2 days. I was happy that at least she was sick before Christmas. Noah got it 4 days later. For about a little over a week with the 2 sick kids, there was no sleep here. The kids would be awake for about 3 hours each night. Noah would wake every hour on the hour for about 5-6 hours. We made it through the week, sleep deprived and all, but were on the mend. At least I thought we were.

The Monday before Christmas, Ava seemed to be getting worse and Noah was not getting any better. So off to Urgent Care they went. They were diagnosed with upper respiratory infections and given meds. The doctor said Ava had a touch of a fever, which was odd. That night, things went downhill. Ava came into our room around 9ish and she had a 103 temp. We tried giving her medicine, but giving that girl medicine is like pulling teeth from a baby. All she has to take is 1 tsp and it takes about 30-45 mins of crying, gagging and all around tomfoolery. Her temp would go down to about 101.5, but she still couldn't kick it. The next day, Mike took her to the ER. They found that she had a bladder infection that was causing the high temps. They gave her new meds and sent her home. Again, she still couldn't kick that 103 temp. She was up still sick Christmas morning/day. On Friday, we finally took her to the pediatrician because she started to develop a rash. uggg. great... The pediatrician called the hospital for the urine analysis only to find out that the type of bacteria that she had was resistant to what they gave her and now had to switch her yet again!!! I think we are finally on the mend. We are keeping an eye out for rashes and itchies, which she still as a little bit of.

Mike woke up and finally decided to go to Urgent care on Saturday because he thought he had a sinus infection and indeed he did.

So far, I have sorta escaped unscathed. I know my body is fighting to keep me healthy. Yesterday I actually had a temp of 99, but don't feel sick except really tired. My sleep has been absolute crap. I took some NyQuil last night in hopes of a better night sleep, but it was only ok. I am hoping to rest up today and just relax and keep taking my vitamins and drink a ton of water so I don't get it!! Keeping my fingers crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment