So, this year, I was hoping that she would have matured a bit and would sing. We recently went to Toys 'R' Us for an outing and Ava saw a baby stroller that she wanted. I told her she could have it for Christmas or if she sang at Chapel. She would just respond by saying, "I will just wait until Christmas mommy". That was code for, I am not going to sing.
Yesterday was the first Chapel of the year and we talked about the stroller before school and she was still saying that she wanted it for Christmas. Then, we went to Chapel, listened to the story and all the kids got up front to sing their song and guess what, Ava SANG!!! Que the bells. I was so excited, I teared up a bit. This is big!
After they were all done, I went up to her and told her how proud I was of her and told her we would make a trip to Toys 'R' Us after dinner.
After dinner, we went and she picked out her stroller.
She was sooooo excited and she is taking her baby in her stroller everywhere. I just love seeing how happy this makes her.
I know the image is a bit blurry, but she is the one in the front with the purple shirt pointing to herself.
I am such a proud mama!
Yay!! That's awesome! I have had a few of these proud moments too...your emotions take over. Funny because Brayden will say something similar to the "I'll wait for Christmas." ;) Glad to hear she finally sang.
ReplyDelete