...Noah at 8 mos and Ava 30 mos. I thought I would randomly throughout the year post what a day in our life looks like so I can go back and remember. After all, my memory of things isn't getting any sharper!
After a night of many wake ups, mostly from Ava, our baby alarm clock goes off around 4:45am (that would be Noah)
5:25am Mike and I jump in the shower in hopes to get ready before Ava and Noah start to squawk loud enough that we can't ignore it anymore!
6:00am: Get Noah up, fed and dressed.
6:15am-6:45am: I make my breakfast. Mike makes breakfast and his lunch. Ava plays by herself and frequently asks us to play. Noah hangs out in his poop chair.
6:45am-7:00am: I wash bottles and clean up the kitchen. Mike heads out for work and the kids play.
7:00am: Noah gets his solids.
7:00-8:00am: Ava, Noah and Mama play in the living room.
8:00am-9:15am: Noah naps,Ava gets dressed and then breakfast (she is not a breakfast girl. She won't eat for a while after getting up. If we try to make a breakfast too early, she will only take a couple of bites). Then Ava gets some TV down time and I do some chores around the house or things on the computer.
9:15-10:00am: Noah gets up and we play. If we have our play date with Ella, this is when we head over to her house or she comes over to our house.
10:00am: Noah gets his bottle. Then we play until lunch time. Sometimes, this is when we will head out to the mall for an hour or so. On Fridays, Barnes and Nobles has story time at 10:30am, so we head over for that.
11:00am: Noah gets solids and Ava gets lunch. Then we play until nap time.
12:30pm-2:00/2:30pm: Nap time. Yay! Yay! This is mommy time. This is when I catch up on my Tivo. Don't bother me during this time. As of lately it has been a short time because Noah has been taking a short nap during this time.But on the flip side, now that we have moved this nap out, Ava has been taking longer naps.
2:00pm (or whenever Noah wakes up): Noah gets his bottle. Ava gets a snack. Then I clean up the kitchen from lunch and get the coffee ready for tomorrow and pull out what I need for dinner. The kids play.
4:00pm: As of right now, Noah still goes down for a short catnap, but I am trying to change that. Mike comes home. I make dinner and then we all sit down for dinner. (Yes, we eat really early).
5:30pm: Bath time and get into jammies.
6:00pm: Noah gets his night time bottle and then we retreat into Ava's room for quiet time and to start winding down for the night.
6:45pm: Noah goes to bed and Mike reads Ava books and then it is lights out. Then this is where Ava pulls out her "playbook" and starts going down the list of things she can say to get us to come in and get her up or out of bed...Ava, we are on to you..." I'm choking, I have to go pee-pee, my knee hurts", we know them all!!!
Then Mike goes into the office to do some work for a couple of hours. I retreat into the bedroom for a TV show or two and then off to bed.
Pretty much the same every day. As I like to say Wash. Rinse. Repeat...but I wouldn't change it for the world.
Saturday, September 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment