We decided that we would get up early and leave so that maybe the kids would sleep a little bit when they first got in the car. FAIL. We woke them up at 4am and I forgot to factor in that they are a little bit older now and there is an excitement factor that they are well aware of. There was no more sleeping for those little one:)
Here is our 4 am morning selfie!
Mama had to have her coffee! Although it made us stop about every hour:( Sorry mike!
Overall, it was one of the best trips we have taken with the kids. There were absolutely no meltdowns. Each kid slept about 45 mins total at some point during the trip. My mom gave us a big bag of new books to read, so that occupied them for a while. I also bought new coloring books and markers for them. Ava loved that and they each got a new movie. And by movie, I mean a Mickey Mouse DVD with mini Mickey Mouse shows on it. They are still too scared to watch movies, at least Ava is.
Grandma Nini had some toys for the kids to play with and they made a farm!
I don't have any pictures, but she also has 2 black cats, Panther and Fluffy and the kids just wanted to find them the entire trip. They don't take too kindly to strangers, so whenever one would surface, they were all over it. They would frequently check in her bedroom to see if they could find them.
The first night we went out to eat with Mike's sister, Nancy and her husband, David. We went to El Presidente and Ava sat next to Nancy and talked her ear off. I don't think she got a word in edgewise.LOL!
Noah eating a donut... One of the things that I look forward to most is the Donuts there. I had at least one every day I was there and they were delish!
For the fourth, we went to Mike's dad's house and that side of the family all came over for some yummy BBQ! I think Noah ate watermelon, strawberries and chips, chips and more chips! LOL! The kids eat horribly when we travel. If it isn't the exact food they are used to they won't eat it. Like if it is orange cheese and not yellow cheese, they won't eat it. Plus they are just too busy to care to eat. I usually just let it go on vacation because kids will eat when they are hungry.
We left early enough to head over to my mother in laws house. Since we were in LA it doesn't get dark for a while. So i think around 8:30ish, we headed to the end of her street and watched fire works for a little bit.
The next day, we headed to the beach. Ava loved it, but was scared to go in the water or even have the water come up to her feet and Noah was straight scared of the sound of the waves. Luckily we were only there for a couple of hours before we bolted!
After the beach, we met up with Mike's dad and Ellen for lunch at Versaille, a cuban food restaurant. The kids were pretty tired at this point. We headed home after that and we all napped.
Sleeping on vacation is always fun too. Ava and I slept in a bed and Mike and Noah slept on a blow up mattress right next to us. Because it is lighter later there, the kids were up pretty late every night, but up around 5:30 each morning. So by Saturday, everyone was tired. Plus, Noah would wake up 2-3 times a night and just cry. I know he was confused, but it would take some time to calm him down.
Saturday afternoon, Mike's mom's family came over to visit. We all had a good time and enjoyed some sweets!
Sunday morning we were off! We left at 5 am so that we could beat the heat when we got into AZ. The way home, the kids were a bit more antsy, but that was expected. They were pretty tired from all the events over the past couple of days and just ready to relax, as was I.
Great trip! Looking forward to next year when we can maybe do a little bit more!
No comments:
Post a Comment