Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Terrible Two's

Yup, we are skin deep in the terrible two's with Noah. I don't remember Ava being this bad and I do remember people saying that boys are much harder at the younger ages. Well, Noah is a terrible two.  I am only documenting this so that I can remind Noah when he has kids (20+ years from now) that payback my not be so much fun for him.

On a daily basis, Noah spends a good amount of the day in timeout. He bites, hits, yells and tells Ava that he doesn't like her any more. Time out really doesn't do anything, because many times he will come out and repeat the same bad behavior.

On the flip side, he can be very apologetic and caring. When he does come out of timeout, he will say he is sorry and give hugs and kisses.

On a daily basis, he won't eat and will constantly ask for food and once you give it to him, he will put his head down and pout and walk away from "said" food that he asked for. He just doesn't eat!

On the flip side, when he is hungry, he will eat his food and almost always says "thank you".

On a daily basis, he won't nap longer than an hour or sleep past 5:10 am and then throw a fit by kicking his legs and whining because he is SO DAMN TIRED!!

On the flip side, when he does wake up at 5 am, he gives the best snuggles. I love my snuggle time with Noah in the morning before Ava gets up. We sing a snuggle bunny song!

On a daily basis, if we take an outing in the car, Noah will fall asleep within 5 secs because he doesn't sleep.

On the flip side, the car rides can be a peaceful time for this mama because Noah is sleeping.

I know this has aged me, but I hope that he will make up for it in his teenage years when I will be blogging about our Drama Queen, Ava.

No comments:

Post a Comment