Sunday, May 19, 2013

That Sounds Like a Good Idea, NOT?!?!

I will be the first to admit, I never thought this would happen in my family. Thursday afternoon, just as I was getting ready to put the kids down for their nap, Noah walked over to me and said, "Get the bead" and he was picking at his nose. At first, I thought he had a booger, but quickly realized he stuck a bead up his nose. We were playing with 2 of them before we left to pick up Ava from school. Noah put them in my purse, so I thought we were safe. That and the fact that he has played with many small objects and never put one in his nose. I grabbed him, ran the the nearest flashlight to confirm what I had thought. Yup, there was in fact a bead up his nose. I freaked! I turned off the oven (I was getting my lunch ready so I could eat once I put them down), grabbed Noah and told Ava to get in the car. I strapped Noah in and made Ava buckle herself in. I put some shoes on and left with the kids sans shoes! There is an Urgent Care across the street from our neighborhood, so we drove there. I made Ava run across the parking lot without shoes on! MOM FAIL. I ran in and I think the staff thought I was a freak. They were calm as if nothing was going on. I guess that is their job. One lady told me they had to see if they even had the tools to get it out. What! I kept telling Noah, not to breathe. Ha! He was calm and just sat in the chair next to me. Ava on the other hand was very concerned and asking a ton of questions. The staff didn't seem too concerned as we weren't whisked away to see the doctor right away. In fact, their system went down and it took a bit before we went back.
Once we finally got in the room, Noah was super tired and Ava was super concerned. I did everything to keep Noah awake, but it wasn't happening, so he fell asleep. It ended up being better that way. After waiting for about 30-45 minutes, we were finally seen. Mike had arrived around the same time too. I made him make sure that I did indeed turn off the stove and grab some shoes for Ava. The Dr actually told us that if she didn't think she could do it, she would send us to the ER. She started prodding at Noah and as soon as she got a hold it Noah woke up. One more try and it was out. Phew!! What an experience.

Here is Noah and I waiting in the waiting room.


Here is the bead that was "recovered"


I know that this is the first of many with this boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment