Friday, August 3, 2012

Just Chuggin' Along

Bad blogger back again with some fun updates on us.

I wanted to start with last night. We had our FIRST parents orientation for Ava's school. We checked in and brought her into a nursery while we sat through orientation. We weren't sure how it all was going to go down. We brought her into the room and she was in there with only 4 other kids, but we were early. As time went on, more and more and more kids showed up. We told her we would be back and we left. Mike went back in about 5 minutes later to see how she was doing and I guess she had just started to cry and asking for us. Mike stayed with her to settle her and told her he was going to leave and come back. He did just that. She was better that time. Overall we were gone for about 30 minutes total. By the end, she was so excited to have met the Nursery school teacher. Then we went down to her classroom and met her teacher and saw her classroom. She officially starts on Tuesday. There is a get to know the other parents meet and greet for the first hour and half of school on Tuesday. This is so parents can drop their kids off and be close by, but not right with them. The director will check up on them for us and IF I have to, I can go and say hi. I am hoping that she will do ok. I will update you all.

Noah's newest fear is shiny floors that reflect the light from above. I first noticed that he was scared at the ice cream shop, but pushed it off as nothing. Then we went to the mall and the same thing happened, he would start to cry when we put him down to walk.

We bought a new car. A 2013 Hyundai Elentra last weekend. The Saab gave us a good 9 years and 121,000 miles. The air conditioner was the deciding factor. It would decide when it wanted to work and when it didn't. Mike is working a job in Gila Bend (about 2 hours from here) and two weeks ago on his way home at 3 in the afternoon and 108 degrees outside it decided not to work. It was just time. I know that some major repairs where on their way and I just want him safe when he is driving, which is all the time. If we can keep this car in good shape, it will hopefully be Ava's. It is paid off and repairs shouldn't be as expensive as the Saab or Volvo were.
White, the only color you can get in AZ

Mike had the day laborers help him wash the Saab the morning before we bought the Elentra.


Noah loves to pour water on everything. He will be quiet with a sippy cup, just pouring water out on whatever he wants. Gah!! What a mess!

Noah has learned 3 new "tricks": Shocked face, Thinking face and Muscles.
Shocked

Muscles

Thinking

Noah also has a new friend: Pinkie (I know, I hate the name as soon as I said it, but it has stuck)

Ava loves playing Doctor. She really needs a good/nice doctor set. She is always telling me what is "wrong" with her animals and calls Dr. Noah over to help her. The funniest thing by far was one day she had one of her stuffed animals, squirrel, and a blue bucket. She told me that Squirrel was throwing up. She kept telling squirrel that it was ok, just throw up in the bucket. 

Ava is also really obsessed with Noah's poops. She has been for a while, but she always wants to go with us when I change his diaper and see it. Then she says "mama, he has a rash. Look!" So now Noah always says rash when we go to change his diaper.

I have to get video of Noah saying "I do". It is the cutest thing. She says it kinda like a hillbilly. I duuuahh.

I went to a doctor about a month ago to check out my hormone levels and he ran a bunch of tests. Turns out, I don't have any Testosterone or Progesterone, so I have decided to get Testosterone shots and take Progesterone pills to see if it will even my hormones out. The doctor also said that he thinks I have a food allergy. So I did an Elimination Diet. Basically for 2 weeks, I cut out common foods that are known to cause food allergies. I was basically eating gluten free, sugar free, dairy free and all natural. I ate lots of fruits, veggies, chicken and nuts. Then after 2 weeks, I added in a food every other day until I got them all in. I would add a food in for one day and then couldn't have it again until I was all done. I got through most of them and then just couldn't do it any more. I did find out that I am allergic to eggs, dairy and wheat. I have a slight allergy to peanuts, but not sure if something else was bothering me that day. I go back on Monday to follow up from this. I am not going to completely eliminate the food allergens, but I am going to cut back dramatically. I just can't go without my protein.I am ADDICTED to greek yogurt. It was a very eye opening experience. I found that I am cranky, tired and bloated when I eat the food on the "bad list". I also just have that overall yucky feeling sometimes right after eating it. More to come. It definitely took, taking the bad foods out and then adding them back in to realize how good I felt without them and how bad I feel eating them.








No comments:

Post a Comment