Saturday, March 27, 2010

New computer

Well, we finally did it, we bought our first computer. It is actually a laptop, but it's all the same in my world. We always used Mike's work laptop and I got a computer from work that I use in the office, but nothing has been officially ours, but this very laptop that I am typing on is ours. Yay, we joined the world with the big kids!

We had some nanny interviews today. We really liked the first girl and as it turns out, if all passes on her background check and references, we will hire her. The second girl, was really quiet and I could tell that she just might not know what she wanted and sure enough she emailed us this afternoon and said it won't be a fit. That is ok with us. We want it to be a 2 way street. So if all works out, then the new girl would start in August. That is part of the reason that we bought this laptop. We are going to wing it for April and May. It is easier to get work done with Ava if I am in the same room as her. She will play by herself if I am in the room. I plan to get up early to get things done and work during naps and evenings if I have to and then just work as I can while she is awake. Mike is going to fill in when I would actually need to leave the house. I am going to try to plan it around her naps so that he can work.

We went to our weekly Gymboree class on Friday. There was a boy, Braden, that was smitten with Ava, but she wanted nothing to do with him. I guess, he just started this thing where he would turn to sit on peoples laps and he kept trying to do that to Ava. She got a little bit scared, but eventually his mom stepped in and pulled him away. He grabbed at her shirt and that was finally what did her in. She is my observer. She has to warm up to people, kids included, before she jumps in. She has to make sure all is right with you. She is that way with everything, even new toys or even food. With food, if I try to feed her, she has to put it in her hand and sometimes she will even drop it and pick it up and move it around in her hands and once she has deemed it ok, she will eat it.

She is babbling up a storm, but no official words yet. She has many "banguage" (baby language) conversations, but no words. I am hoping that it will come soon. There are a lot of grunts to what she wants. I am going to keep working with her on that. i have to not give in and keep trying to get her to say a word before I do it, like UP or DRINK etc.. In due time!

She cut her first molar. I have known one was going to come anytime now because she was extra fussy and usually had night wakings. Yesterday, I decided to brave it out and check her mouth. After being bitten, very hard I might add, I felt it and then saw it. It is about 3/4ths the way in. I guess we have 3 more to go, then we will have a meat eater!

Well, next week is our first week with no sitter, so we will see how it goes. Wish us luck as we will need it. Go figure that we are moving offices and possibly stores in this next month....and I will probably have to be helping..

No comments:

Post a Comment